A question for Windows users here: posting from kmail ....

I am posting from kmail in plain text only. I notice that that though
HTML is turned off, if I receive a post from the list, I can still click
on a link, and that will invoke konqueror.

What is the situation WRT MSIE and html links? The reason I ask
is that recently I sent my sister some emails with links in them,
and explained in very simple terms "put your mouse pointer
here and here, and click". She called me long-distance to tell
me that it "doesn't do anything".

The link that I sent was:
http://www.jetsgo.net/cgi-bin/skylights.cgi?mode=FREE&language=EN

In my sent-mail folder this link shows in blue, and is "clickable",
even though the posting is in *plain ascii*. My neighbour informs
me that the latest security updates and features of MSIE *totally*
block any such functioning (clicking on a link in a message).

OR, should I have sent the message to my sis in HTML?

My sister's computer is using MS Windows 98, and AFAIK, my
niece has installed the latest updates. (Sis is of the older age group
 who are not that "computer-savvy", BTW ...).

Since I do not have a Windows partition, and haven't been keeping up
with the latest security features in Windows, could someone kindly
clarify me on this?

# [SOTTO VOCE] Pie in the sky dream: an IMac running linux
that is as easy to use as "point and click". MSIE: why is it that
every time I see these letters, I think "misery"??
#

TIA,

Elton Woo ;-)