Re: RH9 -- The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 22:12, Colburn wrote:

> What was broken from RH8 to RH9 that would cause what is supposed to be
> a superior version of RH to fail to recognize a Linux-ready piece of
> hardware that the older/lesser version successfully recognized?

	This is a very antagonistic and borderline insulting question.  What
you _should_ have said is -

"What might have changed from RH8 to RH9 with respect to handling modems
which could account for the symptoms I've had?"

> Or, given that it now seems to repeatedly recognize the modem (at least
> for the moment), what has changed that would cause the interface to the
> ISP to fail post-hardware-handshake?

	If it's working now then the problem is 99.9% likely to be a hardware
problem.

--
Paradise; can it be all I heard it was?
I close my eyes and maybe I'm already there.