Re: RH9 -- The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 10:36:45PM -0400, Colburn wrote:

It cannot be the hardware.

I reloaded RH9 twice and it finally picked up the modem again.

This time it will not connect with my ISP. The modem shakes hands fine but then drops.
What I would do is take out the modem and see if kudzu recognises it
is gone; then place it back and see if kudzu configures it.
If kudzu doesn't recognise it and configure it then it is a hardware
problem.

I do wish he would give us some info on the modem. Is it internal or external? He hasn't said. ISA or PCI? again we don't know. All we know is "I have this modem that works in RHL8 but RHL9 only detected 2 of 3 times, and it doesn't connect" There are soo many possibilities, I haven't a clue where to start.

Some info on it form the running RHL8 setup would be a great help.

-Thomas