Re: RH9 -- The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 10:36:45PM -0400, Colburn wrote:
> It cannot be the hardware.
>
> I reloaded RH9 twice and it finally picked up the modem again.
>
> This time it will not connect with my ISP.  The modem shakes hands fine
> but then drops.
>
> RH8 connects fine.
>
> I have regressed to the RH8 HDD until I have several hours to try and
> figure out what RH9 is doing wrong.  Will probably download the updates
> at work and burn them to a CD, load them here and then see if RH9
> behaves itself.
>
> Sigh ... doc

I don't know whose fault it is but RH 9 works with my external modem
using redhat-config-network to sent up the files and then using ifup
and ifdown (or use then through modem lights).

What I would do is take out the modem and see if kudzu recognises it
is gone; then place it back and see if kudzu configures it.
If kudzu doesn't recognise it and configure it then it is a hardware
problem.

kppp should also work with your modem.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science