Re: Text garbage in terminal window - Radeon 7500

Viestissä Tiistai 22. Huhtikuuta 2003 06:08, Michael Fratoni kirjoitti:
> On Monday 21 April 2003 01:36 am, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> > Under KDE (not sure whether under Gnome, since I don't use it), I often
> > have situations where an application (say pine) clears the screen of
> > the Konsole window, but leaves behind scattered characters across the
> > terminal window. It then paints the terminal window with new
> > information, with these characters intermingled.
>
> I've seen the same thing using KDE. For example, try "more
> /usr/share/comps/i386/comps.xml" and scroll down several pages. 'q' to
> quit, and the screen is covered in artifacts.

I have also seen this since RHL8 using ATI Rage128 and Radeon 9000 display
cards.

> > Any clues on how to fix this?
>
> No idea on a real fix.
> I just use 'reset' to clear the terminal. ;)

The problem appears to be font-related, try some other font than the default.
I recently installed the new Bitstream Vera fonts, and the garbage
disappeared. Lucida Typewriter is another correctly working font.

--
	Markku Kolkka
	markku.kolkka@xxxxxxxxxxxx