Re: viewing/editing files at SMB locations

> A process needs to run in memory in order to make this
> happen, but I don't know why such a process would still
> be attached to my mount command. Still haven't figured that
> one out!

It's not attached to your smbmnt process, it's attached to the
/mnt/smbmnt directory ... your mount point. That's where the file
exists, so that's where the file handler needs to connect to.

> fam       1616   jason   28r   DIR        0,8     4096         3
> /mnt/smbmnt/.Trash-jason

This thus means that the process with ID 1616 is using the file
/mnt/smbmnt..Trash-jason

now you can
#ps -elf |grep 1616
to get the specific details of the guilty party.