Re: viewing/editing files at SMB locations

Thanks a stack for all the  help! much appreciated.

The command

# /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/smbmount //maxxsrv/maxxess /mnt/smbmnt -o
username=jason,password=jason,gid=501,uid=500,fmask=664,dmask=755

worked nicely. The man page for smbmount is wrong, because there
it talks about using -u and -g, which don't work.

Here is the line I put in my /etc/sudoers file (Type in 'visudo' as
root ) :

%users  ALL=/usr/bin/smbmount,/usr/bin/smbumount,/sbin/fuser,
NOPASSWD: ALL

I edited /etc/group and added myself to the group 'users'.
The 'fuser'command is useful for killing any processes attached
to the SMB mount when I am tring to un-mount it.

Jason