Re: Postfix (was Re: Mozilla & Sound)

Mike Vanecek wrote:

>I assume /etc/rc.d/init.d/postfix start/stop works?

Yes.

>Two quick questions:
>
>I assume that I have to turn this on to use procmail? Anything else >that I
>need to worry about with postfix and procmail?
>
>#mailbox_command = /some/where/procmail
>#mailbox_command = /some/where/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"

You don't have to set the mailbox_command option to use procmail. If you create a $HOME/.forward file with something like this:

|exec /usr/bin/procmail

Then, postfix will honor it and forward mail to procmail. If you use the mailbox_command, then it forces postfix to use procmail to deliver ALL local mail, not just for certain users. You need to decide which you prefer.

>If someone is using RH 8 Postfix, would they please confirm that these >are the bottom two lines in /etc/postfix/main.cf:
>
># readme_directory: The location of the Postfix README files.
>#
>readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-1.1.11/README_FILES

>I was slinging keys around between a local and remote machine testing >things and I worry I may have zapped the bottom of the main.cf file.

Here are the last 4 lines of the original Red Hat installed main.cf on my system:
# readme_directory: The location of the Postfix README files.
#
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-1.1.11/README_FILES
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases

Best Regards,
Keith
--
LPIC-2, MCSE, N+