Postfix (was Re: Mozilla & Sound)

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Tommy McNeely <Tommy.McNeely@Sun.COM>
To: psyche-list@redhat.com
Sent: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 22:08:33 -0700
Subject: Re: Mozilla & Sound

> On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 21:59, Mike Vanecek wrote:
>
> > Quite right, mia culpa ... went brain dead. Been trying to get postfix to
> > accept mail all day with no luck and am getting dizzy going around in circles.
> > I may ask for help later on that one.
> >
> > Thank you, you have been very helpful.
> >

> If you are using the "RedHat" version of postfix..  you gotta know they
> "hacked" it like they did sendmail :) .. comment out a line like the
> following in your /etc/postfix/main.cf
>
> inet_interfaces = localhost

I had set it to = all; but now commented it out.

> and ofcourse you need the "mydestination" line to have your domain
> name.. but I'm sure you knew that :)

I also added localhost to the line.

It was strange. I could send. Using iptables, I could see incoming on port 25,
so I knew the connection was OK. On the client side, it was just connection
refused (almost like a firewall issue, except I had turned off the firewall).
Yet, nothing was showing up in maillog or messages to give me a clue as to why
the connection was refused.

I had used service postfix start to get things going. I found the -D stuff in
the doco, so I just typed postfix stop and postfix -D start. All of a sudden
everything started working. Postfix does not like service?

I assume /etc/rc.d/init.d/postfix start/stop works?

Two quick questions:

I assume that I have to turn this on to use procmail?  Anything else that I
need to worry about with postfix and procmail?

#mailbox_command = /some/where/procmail
#mailbox_command = /some/where/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"

If someone is using RH 8 Postfix, would they please confirm that these are the
bottom two lines in /etc/postfix/main.cf:

# readme_directory: The location of the Postfix README files.
#
readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix-1.1.11/README_FILES

I was slinging keys around between a local and remote machine testing things
and I worry I may have zapped the bottom of the main.cf file.

--
One learns through their mistakes -- I must be setting a record.
  Thanks, Mike.