Re: > Re: Reasonable KDE menu structure? (Havoc Pennington)

Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@math.uh.edu> writes:

> HP> Well, not really.
>
> It's 100% breakage here; not a single panel icon has survived.  Since
> the desktop files are no longer in /usr/share/applnk and some of them
> have changed names, I don't see how there could be another other than
> complete breakage unless something is supposed to automatically
> convert things.

I know it's broken; I'm just saying it's not because of the
/usr/share/applications thing. It's caused by namespacing the .desktop
files, "kde-foo.desktop" instead of "foo.desktop"

> And release notes and documentation are called that because?  Can you
> at least understand why an admin might become exasperated?

I can understand. We're trying to make progress here with limited
resources; and not everyone has the same needs/priorities. It takes
time.

Havoc