Re: > Re: Reasonable KDE menu structure? (Havoc Pennington)

HP> All applications install desktop files to /usr/share/applications/

Well, that explains why every single user has their panel applications
broken in an upgrade to 8.0.

HP> /etc/X11/desktop-menus/applications.menu describes how those are
HP> assembled into a menu layout.

I think this is a pretty neat system and certainly solves several
problems, but the arrogance espoused by giving me an empty "Office" menu
while koffice is buried under "Less-commonly-used applications" is
telling.  Already I have been asked more than once why a user's
favorite applications stay "Less-commonly-used" when they use them
every day.

 - J<