Re: tcpdump broken after rh9 2.4.20-27.9 kernel upgrade

OK, now I am ready to incriminate the hubs!  I started tcpdump on the
eth0 port of the NIDS and all it could sniff was packets with its own
address or braodcast packets such as arps.  I then power cycled the
hub.  When the hub powered back up, tcpdump siffed 2 packets that did
not have its own ip address as either src or dst, then it quit!  I
power cycled again: same thing -- 2 packets, then nada.  It seems that
these "hubs" are blocking traffic not destined for a port after a
brief period of "proper hub-like" operation.

I am not looking forward to the phone call to linksys tomorow.  :-<