Re: C++ lib compatibility between Red Hat 9 and 7.3

On 2003.10.17 19:15, Hal Burgiss wrote:
On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 04:13:56PM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:

> I'm not trying to imply here that the gcc developers or freeware
package
> maintainers in general aren't open to criticism. In fact, it seems
to me
> that misplaced remarks of the form "stop complaining and start
> contributing" whenever someone has the nerve to criticise an open
source
> product, more often than not come from persons only loosely
associated
> with the project, or not involved in the development at all.

Irrelevant.
Yes. Probably.

And please, enough spin. Its not simple "criticizing". There is constructive crticism, and mindless complaining. This thread is the latter.
Just so we don't get things mixed up, I started this thread, but the object was not to complain or critisise; I had a problem which in this concrete case was related to an upgrade of Red Hat Linux, so I posted a question on a Red Hat list. Then *lots* of complaining (if you like)
somehow made it's way into my nice little thread, and I'm certainly not responsible for the bulk of it. I do, however, feel the urge to speak up sometimes when people post remarks along the lines of "you aren't allowed to comment on this product because someone created in on a volutary basis" or "shut up and go rewrite the application yourself," which I feel are even more irrelvant than anything else on this thread.

- Toralf