Re: C++ lib compatibility between Red Hat 9 and 7.3

On Fri, Oct 17, 2003 at 04:13:56PM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:

> I'm not trying to imply here that the gcc developers or freeware package
> maintainers in general aren't open to criticism. In fact, it seems to me
> that misplaced remarks of the form "stop complaining and start
> contributing" whenever someone has the nerve to criticise an open source
> product, more often than not come from persons only loosely associated
> with the project, or not involved in the development at all.

Irrelevant.

And please, enough spin. Its not simple "criticizing". There is
constructive crticism, and mindless complaining. This thread is the
latter. I don't object to criticism: GNOME sucks. So does KDE. I don't
like them. I think they are bloated pigs. As such I don't use either.

I just don't see how grousing on a RH users list about a long known
deficiency that has since apparently been fixed is going to solve
or improve _anything_. I strongly suspect the gcc people have some way
for people to register legit complaints.

--
Hal Burgiss