Re: C++ lib compatibility between Red Hat 9 and 7.3

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 01:08:25PM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> are responsible for being able to justify their claims. In other words,
> if developers claim the application is perfect for me, *then* I have the
> right to demand that it is. Maybe this is not very relevant to the
> thread;

Fortunately, all GPL programs are distributed under the terms that:

"EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER
PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO
THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU.".

Clearly, the developers are not claiming that the application is perfect
for you.

--
They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl Sagan