Re: Wifi switch not working, linux on IdeaPad S205

於 一,2011-06-20 於 12:58 +0200,Florian Heyer 提到:
> On 06/20/2011 12:10 PM, Joey Lee wrote:
> > But,
> > here have a question:
> >
> > The phy0 killswitch didn't set to hard blocked, did wireless LAN still
> > can be used at this moment? even hardware switch is off?
>
> Hello Joey,
>
> i tested again:
>
> First with acer-wmi inserted (as always boot-state of wifi button is on):
>
> switching to off "rfkill list" is:
>
> 1: phy0: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: yes
> 6: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: yes
>
> (phy0-hard blocked goes to "yes" after 1 or 2 seconds, maybe yesterday i
> didn't wait long enough). Wifi doesn't work in this state, i checked.
>
> Switching to on "rfkill list" is:
>
> 1: phy0: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
> 6: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
> 7: hci0: Bluetooth
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
>
> Wifi now works!

Looks good!

We need 100% make sure acer-wireless's block state mapping to REAL
wireless RF state.

> After removing acer-wmi (so i loaded it only for initialisation),
> switching to off "rfkill list" is:
>
> 1: phy0: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: yes
>
> Back to on:
>
> 1: phy0: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
> 5: hci0: Bluetooth
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
>

> wifi works in state "on"- so acer-wmi is really needed only for
> initialisation.

For a normal user, he will not un-probe acer-wmi driver after system.
Could you please help to confirm? I mean please switch your hardware
wifi switch a couple of cycles with acer-wmi loaded.

Just want to 100% make sure acer-wmi will not crash after switch
wireless state by hardware a lot of times.

> ideapad-laptop is _not_ loaded, the wifi switch works correctly nonetheless.

It's the same, if you wan to use ideapad-laptop at the same time. Please
load ideapad-laptop and acer-wmi then switch wireless button many times,
make sure there have not thing crash.

> > I thought the real situation back to BT on, Wireless on, right?
>
> yes, after switching to on everything is back to state after
> initialisation (wifi works).

Currently, looks like we don't need evaluate AMW0 method every time we
press hardware wireless switch. It's similar with other AMW0 machines
just change to maintain hard-block.

Please help to confirm acer-wmi strong enough works with hardware
switch, then we can support it in acer-wmi or ideapad-laptop.

Thank's a lot!
Joey Lee