Re: Wifi switch not working, linux on IdeaPad S205

æ äï2011-06-03 æ 14:49 +0200ïFlorian Heyer æåï
> On 02.06.2011 21:16, Joey Lee wrote:
> > This is a problem on "Fn+F5" and "wireless hardware switch", does "Fn
> > +F5" also can control wireless state? If yes, then it's a problem it
> > have conflict with "wirelss hardware switch".
> >
> > I mean, even 0x0C is "64", the Fn+F5 still can turn-off wireless, does
> > it right?
> > If the answer is yes, then we cann't use 0x0C to be killswitch state.
>
> fn+f5 doesn't do anything no matter what state the wifi switch is.
> Personally i wouldn't mind if only the wifi switch is supported, i mean,
> you don't need a key combination if you have a real switch for wifi
> (de)activation.

I thought need to check with Ike for more detail why the Fn+F5 key not
work on S205.
As I know on Thinkpad machine, the hardware switch causes killswitch set
to hard-block, and Fn+F5 causes killswitch set to soft-block.

Ike,
need your comments for Fn+F5 key and wireless hardware switch on
ideapad. How does it implement on ideapad?
  	- press Fn+F5: soft-block wireless killswitch?
	- wireless hardware switch: hard-block wireless killswitch?

> > What the value in 0x51 and 0x52? is 0, 1 or?
>
> It's 0!
>
> regards

0x52 is zero maybe means the Fn+F5 will not do anything.
Could you please help to double check it by the following ways?

 a. Please make sure CONFIG_ACPI_DEBUG=y then run the following command
by root:

echo 0xFFFFFFFF >/sys/module/acpi/parameters/debug_layer; echo 0xF >/sys/module/acpi/parameters/debug_level

	Then please press Fn+F5 key and attached dmesg on mail, we can know
find out which _Q method mapping to this key.

 b. Please run this command by root:
	perl acer_ec.pl := 0x52 1

    Then press Fn+F5 key, does it have anything changed?

Thank's
Joey Lee