Re: Wifi switch not working, linux on IdeaPad S205

On 06/07/2011 09:48 PM, Joey Lee wrote:
> æ äï2011-06-03 æ 14:49 +0200ïFlorian Heyer æåï
>> fn+f5 doesn't do anything no matter what state the wifi switch is.
>> Personally i wouldn't mind if only the wifi switch is supported, i mean,
>> you don't need a key combination if you have a real switch for wifi
>> (de)activation.
>>

> I thought need to check with Ike for more detail why the Fn+F5 key not
> work on S205.

I read the DSDT again. Fn+F5 is the soft rfkill key. It looks fine.
I guess the problem is the hard rfkill status is blocked, wifi will be
blocked even the soft one is unblocked.

> As I know on Thinkpad machine, the hardware switch causes killswitch set
> to hard-block, and Fn+F5 causes killswitch set to soft-block.
>
> Ike,
> need your comments for Fn+F5 key and wireless hardware switch on
> ideapad. How does it implement on ideapad?
>   	- press Fn+F5: soft-block wireless killswitch?
> 	- wireless hardware switch: hard-block wireless killswitch?

Both of the answers are yes.

The problem is that on ideapad s205 without acer-wmi, when ideapad-laptop
have the hard switch event, the driver asks the status of switch and DSDT
replies blocked.

In the DSDT the driver read bit of GWSS as status of hardware switch and
I can not find out anything to update GWSS in DSDT :(