Re: Wifi switch not working, linux on IdeaPad S205

於 日,2011-06-19 於 17:23 +0200,Florian Heyer 提到:
> On 06/18/2011 02:38 AM, Joey Lee wrote:
> >
> > Could you please help to test this patch? This is just a test patch, and
> > I didn't evaluation AWM0 in update rfkill state polling because I didn't
> > think evaluate AWM0 per second is a good idea.
> >
> > Please probe acer-wmi driver then report rfkill state. That's see what
> > the situation, then we add AWM0 part in next patch.
>
> Hello Joey,
>
> just tested your patch. It works, after inserting the patched module i
> can use wifi!

It's a good news, looks the REAL situation is not complex like us
thought.

> After booting with hardware switch = on i inserted patched acer-wmi.
> This is "rfkill list" state after inserting:
>
> 0: hci0: Bluetooth
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
> 1: phy0: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
> 2: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no

initial: BT on, Wireless on

Yes, acer-wmi enabled wireless by evaluate AMW0 method when initial.

> After switching to off:
> 1: phy0: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
> 2: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: yes

BT off, Wireless off?

Good, acer-wireless updated state to hard blocked, it's right!

But,
here have a question:

The phy0 killswitch didn't set to hard blocked, did wireless LAN still
can be used at this moment? even hardware switch is off?

> Switching back to on:
> 1: phy0: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
> 2: acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no
> 3: hci0: Bluetooth
> 	Soft blocked: no
> 	Hard blocked: no

I thought the real situation back to BT on, Wireless on, right?

Thank's a lot!
Joey Lee