Re: Wifi switch not working, linux on IdeaPad S205

Hi Florian,

於 三,2011-06-15 於 11:42 +0200,Florian Heyer 提到:
> On 06/15/2011 11:32 AM, Joey Lee wrote:
> >   + Does "hardware switch" on IdeaPad S205 not just control wireless? Does it also control bluetooth?
>
> Hello Joey,
>
> just a quick answer (i will go through your whole mail in the evening):
>
> Yes, the hardware switch controls bluetooth and works fine: ubuntu's
> bluetooth icon appears/disappears when i toggle the switch on/off. This
> works even without acer_wmi.
>
> I have the hardware switch usually on "on" and with this setting rfkill
> shows the following state directly after booting (without loading acer_wmi):
>
> 0: hci0: Bluetooth
>   	Soft blocked: no
>   	Hard blocked: no
> 1: phy0: Wireless LAN
>   	Soft blocked: no
>   	Hard blocked: yes
>

> regards

Could you pleas share the dmidecode information to me? just need:
	dmidecode > dmidecode.log

I want to generate a acer-wmi patch to test AMW0 method on your machine.

For IdeaPad S205, this case is too special for acer machines, I still
thought that will be better support it in ideapad-laptop. But, we can
test on acer-wmi first.

Thank's
Joey Lee