GNU ZRTP for pjproject

Hi Saul,

thanks for the feedback. As I'm not a real expert for PJSIP
I appreciate any hints how to enhance the ZRTP stuff. The next
steps will be to enhance the configuration stuff and the SDP
handling (ZRTP may add a special SDP attribute if the
application configues this option).

Regards,
Werner

Am 09.12.2010 00:35, schrieb Sa?l Ibarra Corretg?:
> Hi Werner,
>
> On 12/08/2010 08:55 PM, Werner Dittmann wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> attached two tar files that contain a first version of GNU ZRTP for PJ
>> and a small sample program. This first distribution shall give a
>> first impression about the structure, how to build, etc. If you
>> detect some problem please report. This version does not yet implement
>> all possible features, this will be done step-by-step. Thus Benny's
>> proposal to have it completely separated from pj core pays back for
>> this stepwise approach.
>>
>> Please have a look at the README files in the tar files to get some
>> ideas how to deal with it :-) .
>>
>> You can use ZRTP as a norml transport as shown in the sample. Once the
>> ticket (see Benny's mail below) is done then you can use it together
>> with pjsua.
>>

> First of all, thanks for sharing your work, this will be a great
> addition to PJSIP :-) I've been browsing around the code (didn't compile
> it yet), which looks fine AFAICT :-) I do have a small comment regarding
> the transport_get_info function:
>
> In your current implementation the slave transport's information is
> returned, so an application wouldn't know if the transport is
> ZRTP-enabled or not just by inspecting the information it can gather
> from a pjmedia_stream. It would be great to enhace this a bit by
> attaching a pjmedia_transport_specific_info
> (http://www.pjsip.org/pjmedia/docs/html/structpjmedia__transport__specific__info.htm)
> structure as transport_strp currently does.

Will do it during the next days.

> ZRTP is a bit special because the encryption is not active all time
> since it may be toggled, so callbacks should be used AFAIS in order to
> know if the encryption is active or not, so I guess the buffer in that
> pjmedia_transport_specific_info would be empty for now, but having the
> ability to check if the type is PJMEDIA_TRANSPORT_TYPE_ZRTP would be
> awesome :-)

A callback scheme is already implemented (see the sample code) that gives
feedback to the application. Or do you see additional requirements for callbacks?