GNU ZRTP for pjproject

Hi all,

Am 06.12.2010 04:20, schrieb Benny Prijono:
> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Werner Dittmann
> <Werner.Dittmann at t-online.de> wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>
>> in an e-mail to this list (Nov 21) I described how to integrate
>> GNU ZRTP into pjproject and thus enable ZRTP for pjmedia / pjsua
>> based clients.
>>

> Wow, you actually did it! I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical
> reading your proposal, as we hear that so often in this list. But this
> time you actually did it.

Well, it wasn't that complicated because the GNU ZRTP lib was existing
and also pjmedia (pjproject in general) is very modular and supports
this type of integration very well.

> And thanks for sharing it, especially this early in the development
> phase. This would be a great time for others to contribute to your
> project too.

That was my intention :-) .

> And I may have one or two suggestions myself. It's nothing deep, just
> on the file organization level.
>
> Currently, your patch puts few files into pjsip directory. While this
> is okay, I would recommend to completely separate your files (along
> with zrtp distro) from pjsip distro, avoiding patching altogether, and
> let the integration happens at the application level. I think that
> would make it easier to use.

My goal was to make the use of transport_zrtp as simple as possible
and let pjsib users "feel home" when they enable transport_zrtp.
IMHO at the pjsip related ZRTP stuff could go to the third_party
structure because it needs pjsip include files etc. Having it in
third_party enables a separate download of the files. Only topic
would be: how to integrate in pjsip build system efficiently without
putting too much burden on the developer.

> I understand that you need a new callback in pjsua, we could add a
> generic facility for app to attach media transport adapters to pjsua
> call.

An idea could be:
- application creates transport_zrtp and initializes ZRTP. This transport
  is ready to go
- new "pjsua_add_transport(call_id, transport_zrtp, position)". This call
  should add the transport to an existing transport chain at the given
  position (for example: position 0 is lowest transport, e.g. transport_udp,
  1 is one above, etc and maybe -1 means "on top of existin chain).

  When to call such a function? Or would it make sense to set the transport
  to add as a field in pjsua media config and hand it over during initialization?

Ideas are welcome :-)

Regards,
Werner