GNU ZRTP for pjproject

Benny,

two answers in one mail :-) .

Regarding the media callback:

IMHO your proposal to have a new callback function
"*on_create_media_transport(...)" is very good and would solve the
problem. Applications can use this to create the transport chain they
need. It's simple and easy to use, in particular if pjsua creates the
base transport (usually UDP or ICE) as you proposed.

Am 07.12.2010 11:32, schrieb Benny Prijono:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 2:36 AM, Werner Dittmann
> <Werner.Dittmann at t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>> I have moved the ZRTP/SRTP files in the third_party structure
>> thus no more files in the pjmedia core distribution. The structure
>> is:
>>

> [snip]
>
> Actually I was thinking to allow user to put your files in any
> directory, but requiring them to specify the PJBASE somewhere. Though
> then I'm not sure if this makes building for non-trivial targets (such
> as iPhone, Android) more difficult.

While it is not a real problem to put the ZRTP stuff into a complete
separate directory it would require some additional effort for
application developers. Using the well established third party
structure and build mechanisms simplify many things.

My proposal how to use the ZRTP extension for pjsip:

set PJBASE to root directory of pjproject installation
assumption: pjproject already configured and built at least once

cd $PJBASE
download the pjzrtp.tar.gz file (for example using wget) or copy it
extract the tar file -  extracts the required files into the third
                        party directory structure
cd third_party/build/zsrtp
make dep
make

Now the ZRTP extension is ready to use for applications as shown in my
previous mail. Thus it is an independent software package that happens
to use the same directory structure as the third_part stuff.

If the ZRTP extensions would be placed completely outside then the
application's Makefile needs to know this external directory and
should include the build.mak from that directory. This specific
build.mak must then contain the necessary library path and library
name. This would set up a second structure besides the already known
third_party structure.

>> Only topic to solve: enable an application to tell pjsua to use the
>> transport_zrtp :-) .
>>

> Yes, that's always a problem for new features that are not in the trunk.

This will be solved for transport_zrtp  with your proposal to add the
new callback.

Regards,
Werner