Re: This is the kind of [expletives deleted] answer that is certain to prevent bugs being reported.

Robert Cummings wrote:

> Don't forget nobody is being paid to handle bug reports, it's all on a
> volunteer basis and I'm quite certain they get oodles of real bogus
> bugs.

Hi Robert

it's a two-way thing - nobody is paying me to write any bug reports, I'm
also volunteering my time and effort. Not just to PHP, but too quite a
few projects.  Fobbing people off like "jani" did me, is just not
conducive to getting better bugreports nor to improving the project in
general.

HOWEVER - I've been studying the issue a bit more, and it appears that
it IS indeed the responsibility of the application to call

setlocale(LC_ALL, "");

to become portable to all locales.  Definitely not what I would have
expected, but it's difficult to ignore the setlocale() man page:

> On startup of the main program, the portable "C" locale is selected as
> default.  A program may be made portable to all locales by calling:
>
>  setlocale(LC_ALL, "");

/Per

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (18.7°C)