Re: Re: Posting Summary for Week Ending 18 January, 2008: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Daniel Brown wrote:
On Jan 19, 2008 8:55 PM, Wolf <LoneWolf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David Powers wrote:
Daniel Brown wrote:
    Notice, if you will and are able, that all other posts to this
thread are responses of interest, not the ramblings of a crybaby.
I have also noticed that many of the responses come from #1 Rated
"Year's Coolest Guy" By Self. A little humility might be in order.
Humbleness DOES normally come with age sometimes, but one would assume
that with your advanced years that you might look at things differently.

    It's on there as a joke, not out of lack of humility.  I always
have stupid little phrases in my signature lines.  This one was
actually meant to be a self-bashing line meaning, "I'm the only one
who thinks I'm cool."

Yeah, finding a random-quote adder for Thunderbird is NOT easy, even for a windoze system. I used to have one with Outlook when I was forced to use it. :/

But I think you're an OK kinda guy, but we'll have to see if Richard invites us to sit with the cool kids next time. ;)

  That being said, while I'm sure Dan believes he's the "Year's Coolest
Guy", there are some out there who think otherwise.

    Dude.... there are A LOT of them....

Well I wasn't gonna go there...  ;)

Maybe I'm the only one who finds it interesting that jpni.co.uk is an empty apache setup that will only show a "This account is suspended" page when you go look at it.

And this little gem that David posted a while ago:
"With regard to the argument about free flow of information, all the
information in my books is freely available on the internet. However,
the value to most readers is that I have pulled together that
information, tested it, and presented it in a form that, hopefully,
makes it easier for beginners and intermediate developers to understand."

Now, while Dan hasn't posted his source code for the beginners and intermediates to cull through (maybe there are some other list admins of something productive like a good amateur porn site) that would like to use the same gathering tactics, he has used the free flow of information that is freely available on the internet to produce the posting summary.

Just some food for thought...

Wolf