Re: Re: Posting Summary for Week Ending 18 January, 2008: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Jan 19, 2008 8:39 AM, David Powers <david@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> PostTrack [Dan Brown] wrote:
> >       Posting Summary for PHP-General List
>
> Thanks a bundle, Dan, for publicizing everyone's email address. All the
> addresses are in plain text, even on the news server web interface ready
> for spambots to harvest.

    My pleasure, David.... but before you start sounding *completely*
victimized and pointing the finger, you may want to think about the
fact that your email address is already plain text on some of the
archive sites --- including MARC.  Just go to Google and type in your
address.... five results with plain text email address posting (and
much more when you visit each link).

    However, if it's that big of a deal to you or anyone else, let me
know and I'll have the script omit your address from the report.  I'm
still going to track the information, including each email address,
but I'll remove the addresses of those who may otherwise have nothing
to whine about.  ;-P

    Aside from that, Zoltan, if you happen to be able to find the
function to post without much problem, feel free, and I'll look into
incorporating it into the script.  Otherwise, I can fix it myself.  My
fault for not thinking about non-English characters and such.

--
</Dan>

Daniel P. Brown
Senior Unix Geek and #1 Rated "Year's Coolest Guy" By Self Since
Nineteen-Seventy-[mumble].