Re: Re: Posting Summary for Week Ending 18 January, 2008: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

David Powers wrote:
Daniel Brown wrote:
    Notice, if you will and are able, that all other posts to this
thread are responses of interest, not the ramblings of a crybaby.

I have also noticed that many of the responses come from #1 Rated "Year's Coolest Guy" By Self. A little humility might be in order.

Humbleness DOES normally come with age sometimes, but one would assume that with your advanced years that you might look at things differently. That being said, while I'm sure Dan believes he's the "Year's Coolest Guy", there are some out there who think otherwise. To each their own as is their right. We DO live in a democracy with the right of free thought and speech, as a journalist should well know. Perhaps during your editorial years you missed editing all the privacy laws and such concerning public domain. From the news reports *I* keep seeing, the use of "public" sources and gathering of "public" information seems more about how much the "public" can be stretched for the raping of information to tweak the story to their own designs instead of going after the whole truth. Gotta love one-sided reporting... But I digress...

I done nothing wrong, but I've
created something that is useful and stimulating to those who Actually
Matter[TM].

Just to remind everyone what this useful and stimulating exercise was for, in your own words, it was 'For bragging rights, to keep track of how much time you've spent doing "community service" or whatever else.'

By publishing everyone's email address, you screwed up, but don't have the decency to admit it. And at no time have I stooped to calling you names.

Following the posts, I do believe Dan is going to mangle the email addresses. Heck, he can omit them to just the "name" of the poster if he wants, won't bother me but then I don't have an á or é in my name that's still getting fudged...

But that is all besides the point. YOU posted to the list, thereby doing so with an email address which you have PUBLICLY posted. That you are not happy with the list coming out means that you failed to pay attention to this list for the last couple of weeks when 1) Dan's script blew up and 2) last week when Richard wasn't even showing on the list.

My suggestion would be to increase your spam blocking mechanism(s) such as Thunderbird's spam learning feature or your ISP's filtering or even running your email through your own Linux server and using clamAV and SpamAssassin to clean your email before popping it off to your local machine.

Either way, your problem was your own making. Now, you could apologize to the list and Dan for blowing things out of proportion, which would show some humility, but you're pretty much the only one here complaining about your email address being posted by some one else after you have already done so.

Wolf