Re: Re: Newbie asks about multi-lingual website strategies

tedd wrote:
> At 3:01 PM +0100 11/28/07, Jochem Maas wrote:

> Jochem:
>
> This just hasn't been my week -- everyone (long story) thinks I'm being
> sarcastic when I'm not.

ouch!

> The "Sorry, my bad" means "I apologize, my mistake." How can that be
> taken as sarcasm?

guess it's down to my input filters ;-) not to worry, no feelings were hurt in
the process.

> As for being "hung-up" -- again, I'm clueless. I mistakenly thought that
> anything obtained from the browser was subject to suspicion as is any
> outside data. But apparently you can "trust" (I realize within certain
> limits) some things provided by the browser -- that's news to me.

your right about the trust issue but I don't think trust is the point in this case.
looking at what the browser offered as accepted languages is merely a way of trying to
be helpful - you still have to parse the relevant header in a safe way.

> Boy, I got to work on my communication skills because everyone can't be
> wrong, right?

let's be positive, next week it will be better!

> Again, thanks for your explanation -- and that's not being sarcastic.
> I'm just trying to communicate without offending/annoying anyone. Maybe
> I should end every line with a smiley?  :-)

dunno about that smiley, it might become annoying ;-)