Re: Newbie asks about multi-lingual website strategies

At 9:37 AM -0400 11/27/07, Jeff Benetti wrote:
Any any and all comments are welcome, it will be a learning curve no matter
which route I take so a little advice on the best direction pros cons would
be great.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff:

If it were me, I wouldn't use any problematic browser detects schemes (they don't work) or any of that high-thought stuff -- it's beyond me.

I would simply use a "click here" for English/French/Whatever link and then pull all the language specific stuff from the dB. Then throw the user's choice in a session and carry-on -- simple.

It wouldn't be any different than a php style sheet switcher, like this:

http://sperling.com/examples/styleswitch1/

Instead of green/red/blue/black, why not English/French/Spanish/German?

HTH's

Cheers,

tedd

--