Re: Newbie asks about multi-lingual website strategies

tedd wrote:
> At 9:37 AM -0400 11/27/07, Jeff Benetti wrote:
>> Any any and all comments are welcome, it will be a learning curve no
>> matter
>> which route I take so a little advice on the best direction pros cons
>> would
>> be great.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Jeff
>
> Jeff:
>
> If it were me, I wouldn't use any problematic browser detects schemes
> (they don't work) or any of that high-thought stuff -- it's beyond me.

whether it's beyond you or not only you can judge, but I disagree that it's
problematic. I should note that I recommend using browser language preference
detection (as per my previous post) as a means to initially select a [hopefully]
suitable language BUT that this should be done in addition to offer the user
an explicit mechanism for language selection.