Re: Pirate PHP books online?

On Wed, July 25, 2007 5:15 am, David Powers wrote:
> Richard Lynch wrote:
>> At no point did I intend to sound unsympathetic to your plight!
>>
>> I only wanted to make it clear that 99.99999% of musicians are in
>> the
>> same boat with you, despite what you read in the newspapers.
>
> Understood. I simply want to lay to rest the idea that piracy is
> "somehow OK" because it's getting back at the big boys, who "can
> afford
> it anyway". Piracy also hits hard-working individuals, to whom the
> loss
> of income usually does make a difference.

Piracy does not hurt the big boys in the least bit.

They simply jack up the price for honest folk.

You're only stealing, yes, Larry, actual money :-), from hard-working
individuals who pay MORE for their legit copy when you pirate.

That is the end effect.

That is why it really IS theft.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.