Re: Pirate PHP books online?

Crayon Shin Chan wrote:
What makes you think any of the authors are subscribed to this list?

I am subscribed to this list, and I'm disgusted that somebody posted the URL to the pirate site. I see that more than 2,000 copies of my "PHP Solutions: Dynamic Web Design Made Easy" have been downloaded.

Although eBooks are cheaper than the printed version, the royalties to an author are much higher (no printing, storage, or delivery costs). I'm not starving, but the loss in revenue is far from trivial, and reduces the incentive to continue to write.

I have reported the site to my publisher. Even if it's closed down, my work has already been stolen.

David Powers