Re: Re: Building sapi_apache2

On 6 Jul 2005, at 00:26, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

In the "Loaded Modules" Apache section it will show up as mod_php5.
There is no code that outputs sapi_apache2, so I am not sure where you
are getting that from.  The right way to check the sapi is to call
php_sapi_name() which will return "apache" for any of the Apache sapis.

This ties in with something I read in a support forum, that Plesk won't support php5. And I also found this:

http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthread.php?t=54861 (IfModule directive problem) http://forum.ev1servers.net/showthread.php?t=56026 (Plesk don't work with PHP5)

And a little further investigation shows that I can't find any phpinfo pages with php5 and sapi_apache2. I reckon the one that I thought I saw a while back was for php 4.3.10, not php5... :(

I think it's time to start rummaging around in Plesk, to see if I can force it to use a different means to detect php, namely the mod_php5 module instead of sapi_apache2.

Thanks to all who helped, in particular Rasmus and Richard.

Gaby

--
Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
gaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx