Re: Re: Building sapi_apache2

On 6 Jul 2005, at 00:00, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

I suspected that this was the case, from what I read php5 doesn't work
with threads yet...

There are simply too many moving parts here to ever be sure that there won't be a thread-related race condition somewhere.

Ah ha, this makes more sense to me now.

It is in the right place. If I remove the LoadModule directive, PHP is inactive on the server, and anything ending in .php downloads as a plain
text file.  To all intents and purposes php5 works fine, it's just
lacking the sapi_apache2 module.

Huh? Lacking it where? I guess I didn't read the entire thread. If it
is working, then you have the module loaded correctly.

The gist is that the apache2handler is not reporting the sapi_apache2 anywhere, either in apache or php. Plesk uses the presence of this module to work out if php is installed on the server, and therefore turn it on/off. My client has Plesk so I can't change that. I've also seen other phpinfo() pages where sapi_apache2 is present, so I would like to know how to get it compiled/installed in such a way that the apache2handler picks it up.

Gaby

--
Junkets for bunterish lickspittles since 1998!
gaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx