Re: amazing animation of classical art

They all tinkered with various cameras including the camera obscura. I have one kicking around someplace in my studio, so in the cleaning now going on, I will look for it. The camera obscura showed the entire scene, not just the outlines. Look it up in google.

JAn

On Jan 18, 2014, at 9:12 PM, Klaus Knuth wrote:

Just want to second Randy.  I've been always in awe about how artists could come up with such masterpieces before the discovery of electricity and the invention of photography.  Vermeer tinkered with the camera obscura in the 15th century in his "studio", but that just helped with the outlines and not the subtleties of the light.  And how about those ever changing light conditions when trying to finish a painting outdoors? ...

If we can provide more creative and intuitive access to younger and coming generations - it's all good.  And some of these animations are just plain cool.

Klaus

Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 07:00:42 -0500
From: randyslittle@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: amazing animation of classical art
To: photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This was neat.  It's not that the originals aren't enough.  It's someone's internal representation of what they see playing out in them.  This is a common class discussion and teaching technique. "Make the viewer feel the motion."  It might be away to introduce the younger pre teen or tween generations to art they still in their youth find boooorrriiinnggggg.