Re: Trevor Cunningham - Overlapped Mosaic

The LF lenses all split at the board and nodal point, otherwise you couldn’t get them on boards an. I just got my 1972 Nikon FtN down and it has a 180 ED lens but there are no nodal markings on the gold ring. An 85mm f1.8 is also bare, but it’s not a gold ring lens. It’s missing on a 24mm f2.8 too.

The reason I no longer use Nikons is due to their lenses turning from infinity the opposite way from all other manufacturers. Nikon seems to have done that to avoid patent infringement suits after WW2. When also carrying a couple of Leica M3’s with 21/3.4 S/A and 28 f2 lenses, the Nikon lens really messed me up. Soooo,  the Nikons had to go. They got replaced by Canon F1’s and AE-1’s and later T90’s.

I’ll go up to the studio tomorrow and look at the Aero Ektar 180 2.5 which is currently fitted to a Graflex 4x5 SLR camera made by David Bailey for shooting the Beatles and others.

JAn