Re: Trevor Cunningham - Overlapped Mosaic

Most lens will have mark for the rear nodal point.  Its the rear nodal that you want to be your rotation point.   James have you ever used a nodal ninja for this type of work?   It can be helpful as its designed to do this exactly thing.  I don't use one so I don't know if they really work well but I know friends that use them.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=838674&is=REG&Q=&A=details

What it can't do is work like a bellows with rise/fall/tilt/shift which will allow for changing the plane of focus which is very important at such high magnifications.
You can probably build a blows pretty cheap and easy if you are willing to give up auto settings.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/