Re: file numbering systems

On 2013-06-21 12:48, Randy Little wrote:
>   Why do you use Orig?   Doesn't NEF denote that is must be a camera
> original from a Nikon Camera?

I want the filename (not just the extension) to differ; this avoids lots
of really nasty "accidentally save over" scenarios.

> You nikon only has 10,000 Numbers?   Are you sure?   My leaf just as full
> on naming control but even my little sony NEX tracks folder creation and
> thus a folder number first say 103 then a take number 2134  so it would be
> 103-2134     thats what 1 shy of 10 million. and I don't know that those
> place holders are locked at 3 and 4.  Just checked and little g10 canon
> works same way as NEX.

Yes, it will roll over folders, but that's lost when I import the files.
 Also different cameras would have the same numbers, and I've owned a
number, and sometimes shoot with several at once.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info