Re: file numbering systems

  Why do you use Orig?   Doesn't NEF denote that is must be a camera original from a Nikon Camera?

You nikon only has 10,000 Numbers?   Are you sure?   My leaf just as full on naming control but even my little sony NEX tracks folder creation and thus a folder number first say 103 then a take number 2134  so it would be 103-2134     thats what 1 shy of 10 million. and I don't know that those place holders are locked at 3 and 4.  Just checked and little g10 canon works same way as NEX.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/