Re: golden age layoffs

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 5:03 PM, David Dyer-Bennet <dd-b@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ctein

Just looked at Ctein.  I can see why he didn't need a 6x7.

No inkjet printer has more then 4.5 stops or range and non any broader color range then Adobe RGB.   Abode RGB while WAY better then sRGB is a very very small color pallet when compared to say Prophoto.  So why do we used Adobe RGB and sRGB because they SQUASH color in a manner defined by rendering intent down to those color spaces so they look ok on printers (offset and desktop) and crappy monitors from 1995 when sRGB was officially defined.

Digital files are lost as easy if not easier in most peoples care.   Most people aren't doing triple redundancy and the medium they are saving too will not work in 20 - 30 years   (optical disks have another 5 -10 of drives being manufactured on mass and 20 will not be made at all most likely) So those people that are not diligent in the back up and updating storage.  (most people) will lose it all much faster then Kenney.   Film will  always be viewable when stored correctly.    There is no digital camera "TODAY" SAVE SHOOTING HDR that can do what Vision 3 and ektar 100 can do PERIOD.  There is a reason we shot Hunger Games on Vision 3.  Vision 3 is SOO GOOD it requires special scanner set ups to get all its range.   will it be surpassed YES. NO DOUBT.   Today Not even close.   Best digital camera today in real conditions does 14 stops in IDEAL conditions and its more like 11.5 -12 in real world.

Randy S. Little
http://www.rslittle.com
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325729/