Re: golden age layoffs

On Jun 13, 2013, at 2:45 PM, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

I'm stating the results as I see them, and as lots of other people see
them.

Digital is not a ‘majority rules’ situation. My needs are for 250+ MB files coming out of a Creo. I haven’t shot 35mm film for anything serious since 1975, so I can’t really recall when I last shot small format film.

Digital is a long way from catching up to medium format 100 speed Velveeta or Ektachrome. Wit h film I get practicality, I don’t have to plug into a Sony Vaio to shoot and I never get a corrupted file or a digital wallet which loses all its files. I have a bank vault with negatives in it and I have a Creo which has scanned thousands of images. What’s not to like? I have a workflow which works for me and the prints I am currently making are 54x182”. Can your Nikon D anything do that?

Art Faul

The Artist Formerly Known as Prints
------
Camera Works - The Washington Post