Re: golden age layoffs

On 2013-06-13 06:54, Jan Faul wrote:

> On Jun 12, 2013, at 10:31 PM, karl shah-jenner wrote:
>>
>> Yes film is inconvenient, it's slow, expensive, messy if you're a klutz .. as is anything worth doing.  If I do bother to get back into taking pictures I'll rather only do it with film.
>
> 	AFter many millions spent on marketing, digital still lags behind the quality of film. I own a couple of digital cameras, but I primarily shoot. There is not one image on my web page shot with digital.

"Marketing" does not, of course, affect the quality of anything!

But what do you mean by "quality" here?  Digital gives me lower noise
and better color accuracy than film at any ISO.  And a Gigapixel
stitched panorama totally blows the socks off the resolution of any
ordinary film photograph (I mean not exotic aerial surveillance camera
setups).  I can enlarge DSLR images much larger than film images and
have them look good (this is me working around claiming they actually
have higher resolution, which I'm not certain of; for me film
enlargement was always highly limited by the noise, grain).

So, by my standards, digital has been clearly higher quality than film
since at least 2003.

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info