RE: IT skills

Latin: Virus (= Illness) singular Viruses plural

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James B. Davis
Sent: 12 January 2010 05:07
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
Subject: Re: IT skills

On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:55:57 -0500, "Emily L. Ferguson"
<elf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>And I'd really rather not be stuck doing it with Gates' system and all
>its eternal problems with attacks, thank you.  Even for $100K a year.

Emily, I run AVG's free virus scanner. It hasn't turned up a virus in 2
years in its weekly scan. In my opinion this isn't an issue.

Mind you I'm hip to the buggers and have a safe E-Mail client.

My wife runs an AV program and is not hip to much but yet she also has no
problems with virii.

I might add that many of the programs I love and depend on aren't available
on a Mac, so I'd rather miss them. Not to mention games. I like games
sometimes and PCs play the ones I want.

Good to hear some Mac users get beyond moving the mouse. You guys get two
buttons yet? I got 4 plus side scrolling wheel. I couldn't live without
those features either.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ - Motorcycle Electrics Check out my incredible