Re: Help me, help my son (timing of new laptop purchase)

On Mon, January 11, 2010 09:20, Lea Murphy wrote:
> If I had to do the work I do on a pc instead of a mac I'd find a different
> job that didn't involve computers.
>
> They really ARE that much better.

That's certainly not what I see around me.  My Mac-owning friends have far
more trouble than my PC-owning friends (per computer), AND they spent a
lot more money for their hardware.  There's a lot less software available
to them.  AND my long-time MAC-owning friends have been subjected to
multiple flag-day conversions when they had to re-buy all their software,
to boot (Motorola to Power-PC to Intel, various incompatible levels of the
OS).  And are mostly complaining about the performance (because they can't
upgrade their systems much, and can't afford to replace them too often).

I used a MAC far before I ever used Windows, and found it terribly hard to
use, too.  I was trying to prepare some simple overhead projector slides
for a presentation, and Mac Paint just made it hideous.  (This was, um,
quite a while ago.  Before Windows was out at all.)

Dragaera: http://dragaera.info