Re: Trying to resucitate old scanner

Laurenz writes:

: The free upgrades are certainly an argument - let's hope the software is not
: bought by another Software maker soon.
: Happened to me several times, for example with Raw Shooter Essential and
: Macromedia Dreamweaver,- now both part of Adobe...

Hamrick has kept Vuescan for many years now - I suspect he'll continue doing so :)  Canon, Nikon and Minolta have given the guy lots of models to play with in those many years, so he's certainly highly regarded by the manufacturers!

I know what you mean about seeing software swallowed up by the Big Guys - a shame too..

curse MS, Apple and Adobe!  (especially the last one)