Re: i-MAC with Intel dual core

Peeter writes:

: I know a guy who has one multicore (non-intel) G5 for running PhotoShop,
: the other for scanning and retouching (together with a huge lighttable)
: and a rapid iMac for communications.
: I reckon he listens to his records with a separate record-player.

sounds like my setup, all with different hardware appropriate for each
application  :)

2 for games,
1 for audio & video ripping/editing
1 for imageing
1 for scanning / printing
1 dedicated to downloading

i'm currently knocking one together for file storage / backups but I'm
undecided whether I should maybe at to and use the scanning machine for
this purpose..

oh, and the media center, the 'testbed' for software - the firewall has
been temporarily retired.. a personal laptopn or 4.

 5 different operating systems

gawd..

isn't modern technology wonderful
;)