Re: i-MAC with Intel dual core

Howard:

Don't have a Mac but have seen this problem on my Windows machine.

The Windows solution is to uninstall the printer, install the drivers, and then install the printer and tell the OS that the new printer it finds belongs to the new drivers just installed.

The problem arises when the printer in not in the OS's inventory of printers it knows about and it forces an assumption onto the user. I think the Epson 1290 / 1280 is an older printer and there may not be a printer driver available from Epson that exactly fits your version of the OS. In the Windows world you'd need a driver for that printer written for the Windows 2000 OS which Epson claims is close enough to work with Windows XP.

Don't know in the Mac world what the equivalent steps are.

Cheers,
James