Re: i-MAC with Intel dual core

For myself: I need Lightroom and Photoshop. I need a state-of-the-art photo printer (which, sadly, still means an Epson). I want Gigs and Gigs of storage, and fast ways of searching it. I want to do several things simultaneously (like scanning one neg, sharpening the previous neg in Photoshop, and printing yet a third one, while listening to streaming classical music). So I do need the power and the bloat. But there´s a price to pay, and not just in money....

Per Öfverbeck

I know a guy who has one multicore (non-intel) G5 for running PhotoShop, the other for scanning and retouching (together with a huge lighttable) and a rapid iMac for communications.
I reckon he listens to his records with a separate record-player.

Cheers,

Peeter