Re: Difference between Canon EOS 30D and 40D

On 9/30/07, Bob <w8imo@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The Canon 5D is full frame.  I don't know how the ergonomics of he bdy
compares with the EOS-3 though.

It's not just the ergonomics that I was thinking about but also improvements in the sensors dynamic range and high ISO capabilities. A live foldout LCD screen would be cool too. The 5D already seems long on the tooth to me. My, how time flies.

There are at least two schools of thought regarding image
stabilization.  Canon and Nikon, IS and VR, say that different focal
lengths need different stabilization while Sony says the camera can do
it......

If you have lens based IS the IS lenses can be upgraded easier since you
don't have a body that decreases in value when the new IS body is
announced.

A whole new area of discussion.......

Perhaps someone can tell me if the old manual Minolta lenses fit on the digital Sonys (or just the new special digital lenses only).  Because I have a pile of that old Minolta glass in my closet. I would love to see what some of those excellent lenses could do sans flash when stabilized.

Alex

georgiadis.googlepages.com

--

                           /////