Re: Difference between Canon EOS 30D and 40D

Alexander Georgiadis wrote:

I'm personally waiting for the EOS3D to come out. I need full frame. The old film EOS3 is still my body of choice. I hope Canon gets the ISO range of the new Nikon and better dynamic range in it's sensor. I am not a sports photographer so am not interested in frames per second.

I will also keep one eye open for a pro body from Sony(/Minolta) as I think that stabilization at sensor rather than on each lens is brilliant.

--

Alex Georgiadis

The Canon 5D is full frame. I don't know how the ergonomics of he bdy compares with the EOS-3 though.

There are at least two schools of thought regarding image stabilization. Canon and Nikon, IS and VR, say that different focal lengths need different stabilization while Sony says the camera can do it...... If you have lens based IS the IS lenses can be upgraded easier since you don't have a body that decreases in value when the new IS body is announced.
A whole new area of discussion.......

Bob

--

                          /////